THUG2 Scripts

Discuss thug2 modding, post your own, share your ideas, ask questions.
bmw_fan

THUG2 Scripts

Postby bmw_fan » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:52 am

Hi! Im new to this game and modding, but I found interesting things I would like to try. So, as I always liked freestyle skating, I tried to rewrite some of the scripts (manualtricks.qb for instance). I used qbLauncher to decompile, notepad to rewrite then I compiled it with qbLauncher and copied the result to its appropriate place, overwrote the previous one. Then I launched the game and always seemed to be normal (w/o the modding). Then I googled for the problem about script rewriting and got no results, there are almost no resources on this topic. I found the mod tools, the script mods and everything, but not a single tutorial or explanation on how to replace scripts properly. I found out that if i delete the scripts then its functional, as THUG loads them from the /pre/ dir, but then whats the point of the unpacked scripts if they are loaded from /pre/? Or just the ones that missing or rewritten/corrupted (based on checksum or something?)? Its weird that I found a lot of script mods but not a single how-to my problem. (btw, i use win7 if this is somehow related. i dont think so, but ive ran out of ideas).

p.s.: the qdir.txt points to a directory that not even present on my machine (xbox directory name). What kind of programming did NeverSoft? this game's structure is a complete mess :(
bmw_fan

Re: THUG2 Scripts

Postby bmw_fan » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:01 pm

Thank you for the fast reply. Unfortunately, I've read this dummy thing, but didnt know what that mean (my native language is not English so its a bit harder to read through all these things and understand them properly. Ive misunderstood that one).

Return to “THUG2 modding”