black screen on thaw start up

Post your hi-scores, videos, questions, talk about Tony Hawk games.
Forum rules
No talking about modding in this forum.
Tipsy

black screen on thaw start up

Postby Tipsy » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:45 pm

whenever i start thaw it just goes to a black screen and then closes. i have looked for solutions everywhere but everyone says the same things: update drivers, directx, etc. and i have done all of that and it made no difference.

whats wrong?
Itami

Re: black screen on thaw start up

Postby Itami » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:54 pm

I can tell you that it is most likely NOT a hardware problem.

I had the SAME exact issue, and I also updated my drivers and directx (even though it was already at 10)
with the same results.

One day THAW started randomly working though, and I don't know what I did.

My friend is also having this problem, and I haven't been able to find out what I did, nor have I been able to
find out anything from anyone else. THAW started working after I installed Fable, so it's possible that Fable installed
something my computer needed in order to run it, and just so happened to fix the problem with THAW as well. Just as
how most games come with DirectX installers. That's only a possibility though.
Tipsy

Postby Tipsy » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:23 pm

i've never been able to play thaw on this comp. i got it a few days ago but it hasnt been working. but seeing that itami had the same problem and it turned out not to be an hardware issue, i really dont know. i mean i dont want to waste money on something that isnt even the problem. sure it wouldnt hurt to get new hardware anyway but at the same time if it isnt needed than i dont want to blow money on it. i havent tried installing the directx 9 yet but im going to try later because i have to go somewhere right now.
Eraser
Site Admin

Postby Eraser » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:26 pm

My guess is that you use thaw rip version, and I'm not sure why, but full game can fix this because I know that rip didn't work for me, but full version did.
Eraser
Site Admin

Postby Eraser » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:26 pm

If you still have any problems with the black screen, create a new thread and tell us how you have tried to fix it.

Return to “General thps talk”