THPS* Save Game Formats?

Post your hi-scores, videos, questions, talk about Tony Hawk games.
Forum rules
No talking about modding in this forum.
DaFox

THPS* Save Game Formats?

Postby DaFox » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:28 pm

I've looked around a little bit, but has anyone ever documented any of the THPS save game formats for creating save viewers/editors?
ZurePitchmen83

Re: THPS* Save Game Formats?

Postby ZurePitchmen83 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:16 pm

This is the park save file documentation for THPS4-THAW
This is the Skater Save Document for THPS4-THUG2

They may not cover everything used in those saves, keep that in mind, also if you edit the save, you have to regenerate the checksum, you can find how to do it if you searched, as far as out-game park editors go, a 3D editor (Made with the blender game making engine or smth) would be a great idea :D , but since the game has a park editor, the only purpose of out-game editors is merging objects
THPS4 Level Expansion Pack, THUG2 710 Mod 1.0
Modding and Model ripping since 2009
Demo

Postby Demo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:36 pm

DaFox wrote:I've looked around a little bit, but has anyone ever documented any of the THPS save game formats for creating save viewers/editors?

i doubt anyone bothered because there are 100% saves around and cheats for every game. however such tool exists for THPS2.

ZurePitchmen83 wrote:They may not cover everything used in those saves, keep that in mind, also if you edit the save, you have to regenerate the checksum, you can find how to do it if you searched, as far as out-game park editors go, a 3D editor (Made with the blender game making engine or smth) would be a great idea :D , but since the game has a park editor, the only purpose of out-game editors is merging objects

"save game formats" are files which you have to replace in order to get 100% game completed with everything unlocked for example. it has nothing with cas creation or external park editor (omg you requested a tool even here)
DaFox

Postby DaFox » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:50 pm

Thank you ZurePitchmen83!

Demo wrote:"save game formats" are files which you have to replace in order to get 100% game completed with everything unlocked for example. it has nothing with cas creation or external park editor (omg you requested a tool even here)

Please, ZurePitchmen83 was far more helpful, and was very informative. You on the other hand seem to be misinformed. "Save Game Formats" are not a file. It's documentation revolving around the format (layout) of the save game files. They have many uses beyond telling programmers how to edit save game files to obtain 100% completeness. For example External Save game viewers, or what I was personally interested in is Porting a saved game from one version to another. Say you start playing THPS3 on the Xbox, but what to continue playing your career on the PC version. etc.
Demo

Postby Demo » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:18 pm

DaFox wrote:You on the other hand seem to be misinformed..

sure i missed a word *are <formats> of files*

DaFox wrote: was far more helpful

i didn't pretend to, just pointed him some things.

Return to “General thps talk”