Manhunt skins/mods

PC/console/emulator/mobile cheats/mods discussion. No online games requests.
Forum rules
Trainers are usually made for a specific game version and will stop working if the game is updated.
NASTY138

Manhunt skins/mods

Postby NASTY138 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:21 am

So I've been playing a lot of the first Manhunt game lately. Yeah, I know it's old, but it's still a great game to play these days on modern PCs. Low end PCs can run it with graphics settings at full tilt. My laptop is far from high end (1ghz AMD processor, 2g ram) and it runs flawlessly. Great game and I fully recommend it.

Anyway, I've been making my own skins for it here and there. It runs on the same .dff .txd system that the GTA III era games run on, so if you have experience with that, TXD editors, etc., they're pretty easy to make/install. I know there's an entire site dedicated to this stuff, but a lot of the links there for some of the better mods/skins are broken these days, considering a lot of them were posted in like 2006 and the community for modding this game isn't exactly huge. I think it should be though. This game has a lot of potential for great mods. Even GTA III mods are still popular these days. So why not Manhunt? It's one of the most shockingly violent, brutal games ever seen, and while it's true there's not ALWAYS room for that, Manhunt still holds up well as a stealth game. There are way more Manhunt 2 mods, but I personally prefer the first game. It didn't have any of that ghost story crap.

Anyway, here's a screen of a Jason Voorhees skin I've been working on. If anyone is interested in it I can upload the file along with some other skins with installation instructions. I'd also be interested in taking requests for skins.

Sorry it's so dark, but, ya know, it's Manhunt. My fault for not taking a better screen. If anyone here at all has any mods or skins they want to share for this game, please, feel free.
WhoElseButMe

Re: Manhunt skins/mods

Postby WhoElseButMe » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:35 am

Nice work. I don't personally play the game, but I'm sure someone out there looking for mods will stumble upon this thread.
So go ahead and post your mods.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
NASTY138

Postby NASTY138 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:24 am

Thanks, man. Appreciate it. I'll edit the first post soon to include DL links.
Demo

Postby Demo » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:33 pm

what about porting some thps3 characters in it?
gta scripts for 3ds max work just fine with thps3 skn models, which are dff models in fact.
NASTY138

Postby NASTY138 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:05 pm

Demo wrote:what about porting some thps3 characters in it?
gta scripts for 3ds max work just fine with thps3 skn models, which are dff models in fact.

That's an awesome idea for sure, but I don't have any experience with 3DS Max or altering DFF models. The only time I've ported them was with GTA III and Vice City, and those were models that were already converted for use in those games that I didn't create. I've read that in Manhunt it can be a pretty big hassle to port DFF models from it to GTA games, but it's possible. I've never seen anyone port a DFF into Manhunt, but doing so with THPS3 skaters would definitely be awesome. That sweater of Jamie Thomas' in THPS3 could also lend itself well to an awesome Freddy Kreuger model if I had the know how. Ideas, ideas. :hmm:

Return to “Single player games modding”