Read If You Please.

Discuss thaw modding, post your own, share your ideas, ask questions.
Sk4tE1337

Read If You Please.

Postby Sk4tE1337 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:21 pm

First off, I am not new to this community. Some of you may have seen me around. I once went by Gothic-_-THPS my Thps server name. I am here to let you in on my first THAW project. I am working on a mod that does not follow in the foot steps of others. I am trying to create a mod that has been in my mind sense Thug2. What would you say if i created a mod that would allow you to live a pretty normal life in a thps game. You'd work,buy your own deck items like wheels etc,live in an apartment, and skate. Just like in actual life. And a world were you can do things your way. This mod will be online as well so you guessed it interaction with real time people will be a function. I dont want to give to much away.

(y) Thank You.
Demo

Re: Read If You Please.

Postby Demo » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:58 pm

ye i like that there's already one GothiC-_-THPS user with 7 posts.
Sk4tE1337

Postby Sk4tE1337 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:47 pm

Yea and that GothiC-_-THPS was me. :nod:
Demo

Postby Demo » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:03 pm

not sure about rules, are multiple accounts allowed?
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:09 pm

Why didn't you just change your nickname on the other account?
The other Gothic seems to speak more broken English so I'm not completely sold on this story.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
GothiC-_-THPS

Postby GothiC-_-THPS » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:20 am

This Sk4tE1337 is a fake!!! Im kidding guys look I am Sk4tE1337. WhoElseButMe you should know. I spoke to you about my "secret" project in a privite message. Remember? :wtf?:
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:33 am

Legit.
You should delete one of the accounts or ask Eraser too if you can't.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
Sk4tE1337

Postby Sk4tE1337 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:13 pm

I am afraid I do not know how? Whatever did you mean when you said the real me spoke broken english?
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:16 pm

a lot of your words will be swapped and it gives the appearance that translator a did work the for you
Sk4tE1337

Postby Sk4tE1337 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:48 am

Naw, lol I be american. I guess I was just lazy, Or I did not look over my writing. :search:
Eraser
Site Admin

Postby Eraser » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:29 pm

So do you want to change your username or maybe delete one of your accounts?
TNT

Postby TNT » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:12 pm

So, you're going to completely re-engineer the game, but you're not sure you know how to delete your own account of phpbb?

No offense, but this is a pretty big project you're talking about. You're literally adding a monetary system, meaning you'd have to also add a way to earn it, and I'm assuming just through regular gameplay. Then you'd have to add prices to every single CAS item, and you want this to work online too, so unless you just mean they can run side-by-side, you'll need a way for money to be traded or some sort of online interaction, meaning players without the mod probably can't play with players with the mod. So you'll have to change the peerchat channel too, otherwise the mod, if popular, could ruin the online experience for players who choose not to use it. That's the simplest part, but you'll have to bind the mods to the exe, otherwise anyone with the mod, even accidentally, could find themselves interacting with players who don't have the mod.

And that's just for buying things, playing online, and ensuring it doesn't negatively impact the thaw pc community.

Now to apartments; the only way you could do this, and it work online, is to use a created park, and the items already within it. If you want to add custom items, and I'm sure you do, you'll have to include all of the custom items in every mod that every person gets, otherwise they won't be able to play in your 'apartment' cap.

Cheers.
http://TNThps.us - THPS Xbox 360 Mods/Tutorials, Original Xbox Mods, Playstation 2 Codes/Files, Gamecube Mods, THUGPro Mods!!
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:46 pm

@TNT, I gave him a way he could force his mod to use a password without user interaction.
This way if using his mod it will always be the same password with out being able to change it.
If joining as a client and not presented a password dialog back out of the game because they aren't modded else try the hard coded password and of course if the password doesn't match they aren't modded.

Return to “THAW modding”