[THAW][PC] 23menu tutorial

Discuss thaw modding, post your own, share your ideas, ask questions.
Cyber-Ninja95

[THAW][PC] 23menu tutorial

Postby Cyber-Ninja95 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:38 am

Re: Need Queen Bee Tut/Tutorial
yo bro I can not compile my script, any way thank you. "if possible I would like to know how to make a menu kind of like this one please.'' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2yqTum7Yrg "

Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:00 am

Cyber-Ninja95

Re: Need Queen Bee Tut/Tutorial
"also in the video what I mean is the 23menu in the pause menu. how to make it because thats the first step is to make a sub menu in the pause menu right?" Then i'll also want to know how to add stuff to my menu. "the menu I want my stuff in is a theam menu."

I hope you know what I mean.

X_SyberNinja95_X

Re: [THAW][PC] 23menu tutorial

Postby Anteara » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:46 pm

The sticky at the top of this subforum states that this section is not for requests..
Cyber-Ninja95

Postby Cyber-Ninja95 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:16 pm

I am sorry but I have yet to understand I put this message in tutorials. "so why is it not in tutorials" "but its whatever" If noone will help I guess I am going to have figure out my on own. :nope:
X_SyberNinja95_X
Anteara

Postby Anteara » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:58 pm

Cyber-Ninja95 wrote:I am sorry but I have yet to understand I put this message in tutorials. "so why is it not in tutorials" "but its whatever" If noone will help I guess I am going to have figure out my on own. :nope:

The OP is not a tutorial, it's asking for help. The tutorials section is for tutorials.

if you need help you post in the THAW section
Cyber-Ninja95

23menu tutorial

Postby Cyber-Ninja95 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:49 am

This was posted in THAW section any way you gonna help me or not? :wat:
X_SyberNinja95_X
Cyber-Ninja95

23menu tutorial

Postby Cyber-Ninja95 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:58 am

Happy now, the title is not like a tutorial any more NOW IM ASKING 4 H E L P?
X_SyberNinja95_X
Cyber-Ninja95

Postby Cyber-Ninja95 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:31 am

I never stated I wanted his menu I only ask for a tutorial to make one kind of like his.

"Its whatever" :wtf?:
X_SyberNinja95_X
Anteara

Postby Anteara » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:44 pm

First of All, I have never modded THAW, the only reason I did this is so I could help you create your menu, I'd also like to state that I have literally zero experience with hex, and all the tutorials i found didn't explain how to add a menu button to the pause menu, so you better be grateful. lol. Now, I didn't want to decompile create_pause_menu, and add all the values manually, so it would be easier to do it in hex.

I'll upload the file for you, you must be aware of these things below;

1) Open the file in hex editor
2) Change "Anteara Menu!" to whatever you like as long as it's the same amount of characters.
3) Open Queenbee and replace "create_pause_menu" with this (Import > Select this file)
4) Press Update, then press Save To Disk.

Now, I know for a fact that there are tutorials on this website and a few others that explain how to make menus. You now have your menu button in the pause menu, so you should be able to make your new menu.

Edit: Oh, and also, change "PLAYER TEST" back to "PLAYER INFO" or whatever it is by default.
Attachments
scripts#game#menu#gamemenu_pause#qb#wpc_3562432C.rar
This file adds a button called "Anteara Menu!" to the THAW pause menu
(3.09 KiB) Downloaded 466 times
Last edited by Anteara on Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anteara

Postby Anteara » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:32 pm

Just to try and be helpful, All I did was give him the menu button and told him how to call a new menu with it, there really is no harm, all these people that want to just "be a fucking modder" wouldn't have the mental capacity to even follow one of the well written tutorials. I'm not going to help him make his menu either, as there are many, many tutorials on this subject.

Edit: Also, if you feel so strongly about not helping this guy out, I'm sure you could PM Eraser and he could remove the link that i uploaded.
Eraser
Site Admin

Postby Eraser » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:21 pm

If you really want to delete the file, just click edit on your post and go to the very bottom and click Delete file button. It's up to you.
Cyber-Ninja95

Postby Cyber-Ninja95 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:14 am

It's not that I do not want to learn how to do it. Its just people im not saying any names.
"tell me to just do it as if I know what im doing in the first place" If that happens its crasy because why do you think we
ask for help "WE" do not know how to do it" "people are all like just do so and so how when we do not have any experince
with modding." yo whoelsebutme try to understand I wanna learn and that not only me but everyone else loves the info
you give us. I mean afther what you sed about that dude trying to help me. I was going to post a ugly reply but I did not.
"does that not show I wanna learn." "and not trying to be smart but if I did not want to learn why would I come back and respond?" :nope: :roll:
X_SyberNinja95_X
Anteara

Postby Anteara » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:25 am

Cyber-Ninja95 wrote:It's not that I do not want to learn how to do it. Its just people im not saying any names.
"tell me to just do it as if I know what im doing in the first place" If that happens its crasy because why do you think we
ask for help "WE" do not know how to do it" "people are all like just do so and so how when we do not have any experince
with modding." yo whoelsebutme try to understand I wanna learn and that not only me but everyone else loves the info
you give us. I mean afther what you sed about that dude trying to help me. I was going to post a ugly reply but I did not.
"does that not show I wanna learn." "and not trying to be smart but if I did not want to learn why would I come back and respond?" :nope: :roll:

You haveto understand that it is extremely frustrating when someone is trying to help someone who isn't willing to continue until you've actually tried everything you can think of.

I'm going to give you some advice,

as I stated earlier, I have never modded THAW, and modding THAW is pretty different from what i'm used to, so i essentially started it with no experience as well,

Within the first hour I was able to add a menu button to the pause menu and create a menu that the button links to. The only way I was able to do this was because I tried absolutely everything I could think of

I decompiled, recompiled, tested, crashed, this happened probably at least 100 times. Even though it kept crashing I knew it obviously meant I was doing something wrong, but with every time It crashes I can either know that i'm getting closer or getting further away from achieving my goal.

Whoelse doesn't mean to insult you, I'm sure, he's just frustrated because I gave you something that you were too lazy to do yourself.

Now listen up; The only way people will ever be able to help you on this forum or another is if you try, try, and when it fails keep trying, and then try some more. With every response that you've given - it seems like you haven't tried at all, or you tried once, and gave up. I can guarantee that anything Whoelse says to try to help you is logical, comprehensible, and will be able to allow you to fulfil your goal.
Cyber-Ninja95

Postby Cyber-Ninja95 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:18 am

I just want to say the menu you send did not work. "so I had to do all the research I could and make my own menu."
"so now that i'v done that how do i link a menu to my one in the pause menu?" "how do I add stuff to my- menu?" :help :clap:
"ohhh boy and the "its whatever thing just get over it whoelsebutme thats just how i talk." "its not like I was trying
to be smart or run my mouth." any way why do I have to be "HIP" or "COOL" "your just looking for someone to bash on."
X_SyberNinja95_X
Anteara

Postby Anteara » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:03 am

Cyber-Ninja95 wrote:I just want to say the menu you send did not work. "so I had to do all the research I could and make my own menu."
"so now that i'v done that how do i link a menu to my one in the pause menu?" "how do I add stuff to my- menu?" :help :clap:
"ohhh boy and the "its whatever thing just get over it whoelsebutme thats just how i talk." "its not like I was trying
to be smart or run my mouth." any way why do I have to be "HIP" or "COOL" "your just looking for someone to bash on."

What i sent you isn't a menu, it's simply a button on the pause menu that you can use to link to a new menu. If you dont want to manually decompile the script manually so it's able to be compiled again.. then open "create_pause_menu" in a hex editor, go to your menu button, and after your menu button should be some bytes that you can change to link to your new menu... For example...

Code: Select all

"create_anteara_menu" = "88b24881"

Search for the function that your button currently calls , and replace it with "88b24881" in your hex editor, and that would make the button link to "Anteara Menu"

So if the button previously called "create_your_options_menu", I would search for "EBFFCBC4" AFTER the buttons text, and replace "EBFFCBC4" with "88b24881".

If you don't know where i'm getting these values from, use a checksum generator.

Also, using this method, I've made a button, and i've made a custom menu that the button calls. So don't say that it doesn't work, because it does. If it doesn't work it means you're doing something wrong. I doubt anyone else is going to help you so this will be all the help that you'll probably get.
Cyber-Ninja95

Postby Cyber-Ninja95 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:55 am

What I mean is I have already made a menu button do I have to have a menu already made to do this?
because if so then I do not know how to make a menu only the button.
X_SyberNinja95_X

Return to “THAW modding”