[HOW TO FIX] Please login with administrator privileges...

Post your hi-scores, videos, questions, talk about Tony Hawk games.
Forum rules
No talking about modding in this forum.
CrystalFissure

Re: THUG1 on Windows 10

Postby CrystalFissure » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:26 am

This doesn't work for me, because I don't have that update. I never had it. I tried the programs in that thread and it doesn't work. May do one more reset just to check, but yeah. So far, not so good. Thanks for posting some potentially useful replies though. It may have helped others. My issue wasn't the admin privileges, it was running the game itself. Actually getting to the game menu was what I couldn't do. The launcher worked fine.
Fog

Postby Fog » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:48 am

CrystalFissure wrote:This doesn't work for me, because I don't have that update. I never had it. I tried the programs in that thread and it doesn't work. May do one more reset just to check, but yeah. So far, not so good. Thanks for posting some potentially useful replies though. It may have helped others. My issue wasn't the admin privileges, it was running the game itself. Actually getting to the game menu was what I couldn't do. The launcher worked fine.
What I said with that kb was for Windows 7.

The method for Windows 10 is in this video: https://youtu.be/UfFhcDbIVx4
CrystalFissure

Postby CrystalFissure » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:40 am

Ah I see.

I tried the other method and yet it still won't work. Down the bottom right corner of the screen I see the "Test Mode" stuff, but the game won't run. Do I run it through "Launcher" or "THUG.exe"? Both don't work. Absolutely bizarre.
Fog

Postby Fog » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:47 pm

CrystalFissure wrote:Ah I see.

I tried the other method and yet it still won't work. Down the bottom right corner of the screen I see the "Test Mode" stuff, but the game won't run. Do I run it through "Launcher" or "THUG.exe"? Both don't work. Absolutely bizarre.
Did you sign the driver and place it in c:\windows\system32\drivers\ ?
CrystalFissure

Postby CrystalFissure » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:00 pm

Does it matter when you signed the driver? I signed it after I placed it in the folder. I'm pretty sure the guy in the video did the same.
Fog

Postby Fog » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:03 pm

CrystalFissure wrote:Does it matter when you signed the driver? I signed it after I placed it in the folder. I'm pretty sure the guy in the video did the same.
yeah it needs to be signed after it's in the C:\windows\system32\drivers folder. So in the signing program, it should be C:\windows\system32\drivers\secdrv.sys that you're signing. If it's not in the right place, then it won't work.
Xornado

Postby Xornado » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:55 pm

Thanks me was wondering why THUG not work on Win7 today then i deleted KB3086255 and now all fine me can confirm that issue ;)
Kenny

Re: THUG1/2 - Please login with administrator privileges and

Postby Kenny » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:29 pm

Update first post. Thx Fog.
Catar4x

Postby Catar4x » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:08 pm

Kenny wrote:Update:
With THUG2 also, but if run THUG2 from THUG Pro exe - he work. Maybe something with exe?

The actual THUG Pro exe doesn't do the trick anymore from what i see. Do you still have the old one? Thanks

Edit: Finaly get it to work!
Catar4x

Re: [HOW TO FIX] Please login with administrator privileges...

Postby Catar4x » Thu May 26, 2016 9:19 pm

THUG2 works on Windows 10 with RELOADED exe only.
http://gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_tony_ ... nd_2.shtml
BubbleLeigh

Postby BubbleLeigh » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:44 am

Finally found the issue, which is to say I found which update (KB3086255) from the latest Windows update has caused the issue. The issue is that the secdrv service had been disabled, which incidentally is the same reason Civ4 doesn't work on Windows 10 (I am using Windows 8).

I found the information here (I hope it's okay for me to post this link - it wasn't easy to find via Google):
http://myonlinesecurity.co.uk/september ... any-games/

I ran the two commands listed from a command prompt with admin privs and was then able to run Civ4:

sc config secdrv start= demand
sc start secdrv

I assume that to be safe it should be stopped and then again disabled after running the game. Not sure if this is the answer you all are looking for but it fixed my "access denied" please log in as administrator and try again" issue. So Hoping this helps somebody ;) Toodles
Catar4x

Postby Catar4x » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:18 am

BubbleLeigh wrote:Finally found the issue, which is to say I found which update (KB3086255) from the latest Windows update has caused the issue. The issue is that the secdrv service had been disabled, which incidentally is the same reason Civ4 doesn't work on Windows 10 (I am using Windows 8).

I found the information here (I hope it's okay for me to post this link - it wasn't easy to find via Google):
http://myonlinesecurity.co.uk/september ... any-games/

I ran the two commands listed from a command prompt with admin privs and was then able to run Civ4:

sc config secdrv start= demand
sc start secdrv

I assume that to be safe it should be stopped and then again disabled after running the game. Not sure if this is the answer you all are looking for but it fixed my "access denied" please log in as administrator and try again" issue. So Hoping this helps somebody ;) Toodles

There is no need anymore to do some stuff like that for th games on windows.
You need a good no-cd exe (RELOADED for THUG2/THAW, THUG1 exe from the forum, THPS2+ exe can be found on gamecopyworld)

Return to “General thps talk”