pb treiner again...

Discuss thug2 modding, post your own, share your ideas, ask questions.
iou

pb treiner again...

Postby iou » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:58 pm

its not the 1st topic about this shit.But i wanna try again .Eraser, how to make perfect balance trainer for thug2 (like in thaw) ? :sick:
Eraser
Site Admin

Re: pb treiner again...

Postby Eraser » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:30 pm

There's nothing specific. This is similar to health bar hack in single player games where you can't see numbers except the bar (when you're damaged, the value decreases, when you heal it increases) but in this case there's no way of knowing if the value of the address increases or decreases as you can't see anything visually that could help you identify so try both ways.

Perfect balance can be made in two ways:

The easy way:
By enabling cheat that exists in single player menu via trainer/cheat table. Even if you can't see the menu, you can change the value so the game thinks that you switched the cheat on/off via menu.

The hard way:
By freezing the "ball" in the balance meter. This one is harder but it does not trigger "One or more users have cheats enabled" message when the cheat is enabled (the message appeared in THAW, not sure about THUG2).

Both of the ways use "Unknown initial value"

After all this, you're not done. You're either gonna need to make a pointer or NOP the address to make ir work permanently or else after you restart the game (in some cases - change the level). NOPping is much easier, just right click the address>find out what writes to this address> try balancing in game, pause the game go back to the menu and see what wrote to your address and NOP it.

Anyways feel free to visit http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=7049

First understand the most basic part of using cheat engine:
1.you must know whats your health lets say 100, scan
2.lose health
3.now you must know your new health
4 once you know your new health type it in and press next scan
5. if you got alot of values do steps 1-4 untill you got 1 value
6.once you got one value click it press enter and put 100 health each time you lose health.

Then this is what you need:
Unknown health

1.click arrow next to scan type
2. click unknown initial value
3.scan
4.lose health
5.press decreased value
6. press next scan
7.reapeat steps 1-6 untill you have one value
8.do what ever you want with it (also good for knowing how much helath you got in numbers)

Just apply this to the cheat menu, as when you turn it on it either increases or decreases.
iou

Postby iou » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:27 pm

Well anyway, I was hoping to quietly cheat(ofc online) and skip the message...Sooo could you make this Trainer. I know that you have a little time, so i don't insist
Eraser
Site Admin

Postby Eraser » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:25 pm

Not that I have little time, but I can't do anything with laptop keyboard as I used numpad to play all TH games. And it makes everything so much difficult and much longer to do.
iou

Postby iou » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:22 pm

when will you bye new keyboard? :sick: or maybe u need just to ask ur friend for keyboard for one day :)
Eraser
Site Admin

Postby Eraser » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:13 pm

Never...
iou

Postby iou » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:24 am

ah well, then all hope for myself. I dont understand how to freeze balance
Eraser
Site Admin

Postby Eraser » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:02 pm

Well, that's why I gave you the link. It's not that hard unless you have English problems.

Return to “THUG2 modding”