Modding help for a beginneR_

Discuss thug2 modding, post your own, share your ideas, ask questions.
PunK™95

Modding help for a beginneR_

Postby PunK™95 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:20 pm

I am new to modding. I wish to mod thug 2 remix PSP.
I just want help I am trying to learn to do so.
first of all I ask if any one has a full iso? because the one i have has no music,
and or vocals. Correct me if I am wrong but you mod the psp verson like pc right? I want a menu "remember" I am new so I need step by step on how to make the menu. How to put the menu in the pause menu.
of couse I wish to have things in it. But I think I should know how to make the menu first right? :hmm: I have been to this site alot before.
About the iso if noone has a full one its ok I realy do not need music ect.
but whould much like to have it. :plz: I wish to learn so that I may make future mods without help. Thank you.
PunK95
Anteara

Re: Modding help for a beginneR_

Postby Anteara » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:16 am

Here's your step by step guide.

Step 1) Navigate to the top of the page.
Step 2) Press search.
Step 3) Enter your search data.
Step 4) Press Seach.
Step 5) Select the most relevant search result.
Step 6) Read over said search result for the information you need.
Step 7) Apply that information in your mod.

By the way I would suggest you give up on modding thug2 PSP. There aren't too many modders that have modded it, It will be much harder to modify as you'll need to get an emulator and mount the ISO, OR play the edited ISO on your PSP (unless there is a way to play the extracted version, in which case it would be easy), plus you would probably need to extract parts of the ISO and what not. It's too much effort for simply making a menu. I suppose it may be possible to add a menu without extracting anything if you could access the gamemenu_pause.qb (and edit it) without extracting it by using a hex editor (Which will be too complex for you.)

Disclaimer: what i just said could be completely wrong, it is purely speculation.
PunK™95

Postby PunK™95 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:34 am

I thank you anteara for your advice. but it is so much easyer to mod the iso then you may think. I have looked at the files and they seem to be almost the same as thug 2 for pc. you has modded thug 2 before how did you do it? :wtf?:
PunK95
Anteara

Postby Anteara » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:03 pm

PunK™95 wrote:I thank you anteara for your advice. but it is so much easyer to mod the iso then you may think. I have looked at the files and they seem to be almost the same as thug 2 for pc. you has modded thug 2 before how did you do it? :wtf?:

I've made a mod of over 10,000 lines - and I started modding in this forum when I had no previous experience of modding. The people here have taught me everything I know, search my topics and you can find some of the first threads I made, I remember asking how to make a menu and how to make an ammo menu, just read those threads, and they will greatly help you.

If you want to be helped on these forums, you can't do what everyone else does. You need to try first, show us what you've tried, and then tell us what you want, and why you think it doesn't work. The last part helps us get a better understanding of your knowledge - it simply allows us to help more efficiently. If we give you assumed knowledge, you may not know how to do what we've told you, so you should do what I've said above. If you don't know where to start, then you may make a topic, and you have, so good.

http://thps-mods.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=545

Refer to this topic, it is the first thing i've posted in these forums - it has a simple menu in the first post, then Morten and WhoElseButMe helped me create the additional functions I wanted. Even though I didn't really know how to mod back then, look at how I constructed my posts, I showed the code that I wanted changing, and I showed them what I needed to do and why I didn't know I was having problems. It was this, I assume, that made the experienced modders in this forum feel like they were able to continue posting and to help me.

Put plain and simple, if you're not willing to do the things above, we will not be willing to teach you how to mod. Look at tons of the other threads in the THAW forum, and you can see how annoyed we get when people simply ask for hand outs of code. THE ONLY reason I've written this for you is because I believe if you apply yourself you will be able to mod, and I want to give someone the benefit of the doubt, and who better than someone who wants to learn to mod.

Once you've read the threads I've made, then post here again about what worked and what didn't work for you. I'm going to assume that THUG2 on the PSP uses .qb files, quazz is apparently the only one who knows how to get the game to run on scripts (You might need to seek help from him).

Also, I just want to let you know, If you do not do these things, I, specifically, will not help you. I will assume that you don't want to learn to mod. Perhaps others may help you, but I doubt it.
PunK™95

Postby PunK™95 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:20 pm

I thank you. hey that rymed :clap:
PunK95
PunK™95

Postby PunK™95 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:30 am

I am trying to ask quazz seeing as its a psp mod.
Does anyone know where he could have gone? :hmm: I sent him a "pm".
Thanks in advance. (y)
PunK95
PunK™95

Postby PunK™95 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:49 am

So listen I made a menu and dummied the qb script.pre and put the menu code at the bottom of the pause_menu.qb below is code.

:i function $create_1337_menu$
:i call $make_new_themed_sub_menu$ arguments
$title$ = %s(7,"1337 MENU")
:i $create_helper_text$:s{$helper_text_elements$ = :a{:s{$text$ = %s(16,"\b7/\b4 = Select"):s}
:i :s{$text$ = %s(10,"\bn = Back"):s}
:i :s{$text$ = %s(12,"\bm = Accept"):s}
:i :a}
:i :s}
:i $SetScreenElementProps$:s{$id$ = $sub_menu$
:i $event_handlers$ = :a{
:i :s{call $pad_back$ arguments
$generic_menu_pad_back$$params$ = :s{$callback$ = $display_options_exit$:s}:s}
:i :a}
:i $theme_menu_add_item$:s{$text$ = %s(20,"Score/Special Meter:")
:i $extra_text$ = %GLOBAL%$hud_text$
:i $id$ = $menu_display_hud$
:i $pad_choose_script$ = $toggle_display_hud$
:i endfunction

It is not showing up. :hmm: :wtf?:
PunK95
PunK™95

Postby PunK™95 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:28 am

I got it now fuckin christ bro now I see what I did not do, all that time wasted. :clap:
How can I make a tab/button to link to my menu? :hmm:
thank you for your recent help.
PunK95
PunK™95

Postby PunK™95 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:27 pm

I got it now, Thank you I will now work on it.
THANK YOU!!!
PunK95
PunK™95

Postby PunK™95 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:45 pm

Now the qb tool is giving me dump files when I try to compile my button.
Here is the code ---> :i :s}
:i $add_roundbar_menu_item$:s{$text$ = %s(8,"c51337 MENU")
:i $id$ = $1337_menu$
:i $pad_choose_script$ = $create_1337_menu$

What am I doing wrong? :wtf?:
PunK95
PunK™95

Postby PunK™95 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:57 pm

It stoped here ---> .#.,Cb5.G...{qf.....O..!#.]...C..H&..G .....VB....b.kRoB.....O.....O.(.(.G......v..n.7...E....me(.(.G..9.{qf... 6..(..3"2..G................(...K.....<.J.G#...o...G..9.Kk....w..[B.t..m.(.Hz..G'.....v..n.7..o&b...ww...........2..).(.G'.....v.........D...ww.
Continue c51337 MENU is at the end :hmm:
PunK95
PunK™95

Postby PunK™95 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:07 pm

I am not even sure where to put the menu and or button script :clap: because
It is not layed out like the pause menu when I pause. In the game_pausemenu.qb it is all random. :wat: :wtf?: :( :nope: :sick: :@ :@ :@ :@ :@
PunK95
PunK™95

Postby PunK™95 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:11 pm

It says *** error @119: WORD expected! what ever that means? :wtf?:
PunK95
Anteara

Postby Anteara » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:15 pm

PunK™95 wrote:It says *** error @119: WORD expected! what ever that means? :wtf?:

it should say something like "line 2993: error @119: WORD expected!

send us the line in question and 5 lines before and after that.
Anteara

Postby Anteara » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:42 am

oh, my mistake, i didn't read it properly, Punk95, send us the line and a few others so we can analyze it.

Return to “THUG2 modding”