Other mods for Windows Seven

Discuss thug2 modding, post your own, share your ideas, ask questions.
c0nn0r

Other mods for Windows Seven

Postby c0nn0r » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:32 pm

I have Windows Seven so THUG2 is really screwed up. Due to this I am forced to use THE MOD 1.3. I've gotten pretty bored with it and was wondering if there were any other mods that would allow me to play on Windows Seven ( NGZ Mod, TW Mod, etc. )
Please offer solutions and advice.
DID SOMEONE SAY CHEATING?!?!?!
c0nn0r

Re: Other mods for Windows Seven

Postby c0nn0r » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:12 am

It's not actually a problem I just want to know if there were any other mods, for THUG2, that are working on Windows 7.
quazz

Postby quazz » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:22 am

Do you mean the main menu blur problem?
c0nn0r

Postby c0nn0r » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:29 am

Exactly and the mid game freezes and such.
THE MOD 1.3 creates a new game, with all these bugs fixed. I was wondering if there were any other mods that would fix this, because I've grown bored with 1.3.
Anteara

Postby Anteara » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:39 pm

c0nn0r wrote:Exactly and the mid game freezes and such.
THE MOD 1.3 creates a new game, with all these bugs fixed. I was wondering if there were any other mods that would fix this, because I've grown bored with 1.3.

As far as I know, THE MOD 1.3 is the only public mod that has the blur bug fixed.

But, if you want - you can unpack the prx for NG mod (if you wish to use that mod) and remove the pulse_blur functions in skutils.qb and that will fix the problem.
c0nn0r

Postby c0nn0r » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:26 pm

Thanks a ton bro, I liked the NGZ mod better and now i can use it.
c0nn0r

Postby c0nn0r » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:50 am

Do i just delete skutlis.qb or open it with a program?
Anteara

Postby Anteara » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:15 am

c0nn0r wrote:Do i just delete skutlis.qb or open it with a program?

1) Download qb_old.exe and put it in your game/data/pre directory.
2) Unpack NG_mod_3.1.prx - to do that, go to CMD - and type "cd C:\Games\Activision\Tony Hawk's Underground 2\Game\Data\pre" (without the quotation marks, and replace that with your directory).
when the pre folder is the default in CMD, type "qb_old.exe -p x NG_mod_3.1.prx"
3) Move the scripts folder that it creates to your game/data folder - replace everything it tells you to.
4) Go to scripts/game/ and locate skutils.qb. Move qb_old.exe to that directory, and set it at the default location for CMD. Type "qb_old.exe -d skutils.qb > skutils.txt"
5) Open skutils.txt, find all functions with the word "pulse" in them - and delete them. When you find the word "pulse" - scroll up until you see a ":i function". highlight it, and scroll down until you see ":i endfunction". Then delete the function. There should be three or so functions you haveto delete.
6) When you've finished deleteing the functions, save it, and go back to cmd. This time - type "qb_old.exe -c skutils.txt
7) This will create a file called skutils.txt.qb - delete skutils.qb, rename skutils.txt.qb to skutils.qb, and put it back in the scripts/game directory.
8) Launch THUG2 via THUG2.exe (DO NOT use the NG Mod exe.) You may need to edit your THUG2.exe with a hex editor to enable it to be played on online.

Sorry if these instructions are hard to read - but if you follow them, you will be able to use NG mod on windows 7 without the bug.

Return to “THUG2 modding”