My THUG 2 remix server

Discuss thug2 modding, post your own, share your ideas, ask questions.
Cyber-Ninja95

My THUG 2 remix server

Postby Cyber-Ninja95 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:31 pm

I am good with programming and I had a plan. What if I made an online thug2 remix server? " but then every one would now my modem ip address " opening my internet to every one. :hmm: :nope:
X_SyberNinja95_X
Eraser
Site Admin

Re: My THUG 2 remix server

Postby Eraser » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:45 pm

So what that they would know your IP? lol
Cyber-Ninja95

Postby Cyber-Ninja95 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:20 pm

No so people with THUG 2 for psp. do not have sit right beside each other to play with each other. Its gay to have THUG2 with only wifi. I could make world wide server so we can all play. :hmm:
X_SyberNinja95_X
Anteara

Postby Anteara » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:59 am

Cyber-Ninja95 wrote:No so people with THUG 2 for psp. do not have sit right beside each other to play with each other. Its gay to have THUG2 with only wifi. I could make world wide server so we can all play. :hmm:

This whole "they would know my ip" thing is overrated. You could use a DNS like no-ip or use hamachi to generate a different IP for the server than the one you're currently using.

even if they did know your ip, chances are no one would care enough, or know enough, to do anything with it.
quazz

Postby quazz » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:44 pm

I'm afraid its not really possible. The game's .elf file is literally not coded to access the PSP's internet ability. They also removed the elf files ability to run Park Editor, which is why I can't get Park Editor to run. (I've spent a lot of time trying, you wouldn't believe. .Elf is the equivalent of the PC versions EXE file).

There is a rink-a-dink application that came out on some of the PSP sites a while ago that lets PSP lan wifi games connect through USB to others using the Xlink Kai program, and Xlink does support THUG2 Remix, but I hear the program is buggy, only supports the new PSP-3000 system, etc. I have a PSP-1000 so I couldn't even participate.

THUG2 Remix is very fun for some of us THPS fans, I like to play it when I'm on the road and everything just as much as you probably do. However, there's only so few of us, not worth the effort if it was possible)
Cyber-Ninja95

Postby Cyber-Ninja95 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:26 pm

Thanks quazz it keeps me from trying make something that wont work. :)
X_SyberNinja95_X

Return to “THUG2 modding”