THUGPro released, mod info, download link, feedback, images
The THUG Pro 0.5 Beta release is available for anybody who wants to participate.
Contact/Bug reports/Feedback: email@example.com
!notice: You need to have Tony Hawk's Underground 2 installed to play this mod.
The setup will ask for your THUG 2 folder, then download the release, and ask to import saves and create desktop shortcuts. We recommend letting it do both. New releases will automatically download and update when you launch the game.
For THUG Pro, we recommend a fresh full install of THUG 2, and making a new create a skater file. However, if you have issues loading your cas file, send us a bug report with the file attached. If you have issues loading the game let us know, but the first thing we will ask is if you have tried a fresh installation of THUG 2 to use THUG Pro with.
THUG Pro installs into a new location separate from THUG 2, to support updating:
Code: Select all
Code: Select all
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data
Please email us after you have had a successful installation or if you have any problems with the installation flow, and your initial thoughts on the release. We love feedback
Please inform us of any bugs, crashes, or inconsistencies that you notice with the release.
To report, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with “bug report” in the subject of the email. Please try your best to come up with clear instructions for reproducing the bug, otherwise we won’t be able to act upon it easily. If it is a bug in a multiplayer game mode or otherwise only happening with multiple players, please coordinate with other beta users to come up with reproduction instructions. If it is a graphical bug or if a screenshot would help communicate the problem, attach them in the email. Also inform us if you have any antivirus warnings.
Please refrain from sending us bug reports of items that are in the Known Issues list below.
Feature requests / suggestions should have “feature request” or “suggestion” in the subject. Please do not combine feature requests and bug reports in the same emails. New decks, griptapes, sprays, and stickers will likely not be added as we intend to support players using their own without them being in the mod itself in the future. If you are requesting THPS levels we haven’t already added, please order your list of levels by importance to you.
The THUGPRO developers request you do not upload any footage or screenshots of the beta because of its current work-in-progress state. We do allow streaming of gameplay footage on websites such as twitch.tv, or video/screenshots sent in discussion of; set up, troubleshooting and bug reports. If you still wish to record gameplay video, we ask you to please email us with your intent first.
THUG Pro 0.5.0 Beta Release Notes
New Gameplay Features
- Complete PS2 control layout
- One button spine
- Two button walk
- An option to put the ability to spin using caveman/alt caveman buttons, simulating the original PS2 setup
- Sticker Slap and Wall Plant
- ollie, down + ollie
- THUG1 style drift
- Jump trick selection
- Choose from MikeV Plant, Fastplant, Beanplant, and Boneless
- up + up + ollie while in Caveman
- Land pivots from THAW
- Revert while on ground for a more stylish transition into a manual
- Buttslap counter
- Pressure & Nollie stance toggle mode style: choose between THUG (press to toggle) or THUG2 (hold to stay in pressure, release for nollie)
- An option to map the focus key to do spine transfer & acid drop
- Wallride Plant
- left + ollie, right + ollie
- Angle to initiate a wallride increased to be more like THUG1
- Spray tags can now be completely turned off, and changed to the burp of Shrek.
New for Online
- AutoServer and AutoLevel
- Automatically start games and change level while hosting.
- New game modes
- Score Challenge Graff
- Elimiskate Graff
- Goal attack goals for THPS4 levels
- All stats are locked to 10, and removed from menus
- Colored text
- In-game chat blacklist
- On-screen keyboard
- Change the select button binding in General Options
- UPnP Port Forwarding
- There are now 8 observer client slots.
- Turn on observers and save your net preferences!
- Display option to hide player names
- Andy’s Room from Disney’s Extreme Skate Adventure
- THPS4 Practice Level
- Vans Park from THAW
- Santa Cruz from THAW / THUG2 Remix
- High School from Project 8
- Resolution select from detected modes
- Window mode
- PS2 layout label toggle
- Toggle between placing floaty rails and normal rails
- Cap editor limits, such as merging are now toggleable in Park Properties, and copy / paste works beyond the normal memory limit now. Be careful
- New logo and splash screen
- New default “THUG PRO” and “Punk Wasteland” themes
- Chat interface options
- New updater and installer
- Automatic aspect ratio
- All special trick slots and specials unlocked by default
- Performance enhancements
- Spray Tag ends when Grind/Triangle released
- Always Special, Super Blood, and Perfect Rail & Manual host options
- No revert speed loss host option
- Oldschool Special host option (sets special when you land instead)
- Airshuffle and Boostplant host options
- Much lower cooldown between wallplants
- Multiplied Score HUD option
- New icon for Misc Levels category
- The backslash key works as a normal character. Double tap it to get the color escape sequence.
- Many more
- Time of Day changes now have lights online in THUG2 and THUG1 levels
- Pro trick objects in THPS4 levels
- SF floating platforms are now skateable
- London elevator teleports added
- Wallrides work on all walls in Chicago
- New rail added to qp in Australia
- Outback area in Australia is now accessible
- The quarterpipes at the sides of the level in Australia now have rails at the top
- Trees / Bushes in Manhattan from offline now show online
- Trees, some lights and the ladder in Moscow from offline now show online
- Bike rack and Picnic table host level options for High School
- Zoo competition ramps now have rails
- Flowers in building fronts in Santa Cruz
- Removed jackhammer sound from Manhattan
- Removed THUG2 level destruction options (was buggy)
- Footstep sounds changed back to normal in Austrailia & Santa Cruz if a game is started, or the skater went out of bounds
- Some previous offline only scene objects now are visible online in New Jersey.
- Some rail sounds corrected in School 2, Chicago, and San Diego.
- Over 10 different crash fixes
- Connection refusals fixes
- Online menu bugs fixes
- Level select menu crash fixes
- CTF panel messages fixed
- Slap message lingering after game fixed
- Random natas nodes removed
- College, SF and Hawaii teleporters work off board
- London random rails removed
- Shipyard now has most of it’s gaps
- Zoo sticker slaps and wallplants fixed
- Glass break sounds in THPS4 levels
- Parked gap placement bugs fixed
- THUG1 level scripts optimized and missing gaps added
- Skater no longer ollies when pressing enter or ollie on dialog boxes
- The swing doors in College by the elevator no longer lock up after being spray tagged.
- Many others
- ParkEd object previews might be positioned incorrectly, depending on screen size.
- Many more cap pieces than the memory limit normally allows will cause crashes
- Host CTF/Koth/Slap collision advantage, due to latency, will not be solved without a dedicated server
- Face mapping is not exposed in THUG Pro, but you can create a skater with a custom face in THUG 2 and import the save.
Features from old version
- THUG1, THUG2, THPS4 levels
- A whole new menu theme and system.
- Changeable themes (TH4-THAW, and a custom THUGPro theme).
- Some new ParkEditor pieces.
- Including ParkeEditor themes from THPS4, THUG, and THAW.
- Updated CAS.
- New HD deck graphics and griptapes.
- Change "Board Type", (longboard, oldshcool, banana, hoverboard).
--THUG Pro team (Morten, Quazz, %.Gone, Chase)
!notice: Comments in this thread until 2015 are regarding the old version of the mod. Some issues mentioned are no longer relevant, later posts are up-to-date.