Custom Music?

Discuss thug2 modding, post your own, share your ideas, ask questions.
LC-DDM

Re: Custom Music?

Postby LC-DDM » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:34 am

Disregard the information held earlier in this post, I'm not using the default game and am instead using Anteara Mod... Damnit, I was careless, I'm sorry. I'll try to get it to work on the mod now.
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:02 am

In the qdir.txt file inside the anteara mod .prx remove the line for skater_sfx.qb
now the script will load from the scripts directory.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
LC-DDM

Postby LC-DDM » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:44 pm

What's the best Course Of Action for that? Hex-editing, or extracting the files from the PRX? o.o
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:25 pm

Both, The file is compressed so hex editing isn't going to do much here. Instead extract, find the qdir.txt file, edit it and manually add the bytes of the file back into the .prx. You need to edit the prx size value as well as the compressed and uncompressed size value of the qdir.txt item.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
LC-DDM

Postby LC-DDM » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:09 pm

Manually add the bytes? You mean like copypaste the qdir and inject it into the PRX?
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:23 pm

LC-DDM wrote:Manually add the bytes? You mean like copypaste the qdir and inject it into the PRX?

Exactly, find the qdir in the prx with a hex editor and overwrite only its file data since you'll be working with an uncompressed version set the compressed size for this file in the prx to 00000000 and update the uncompressed size to the size of the new qdir.txt. once that's done get the new size of the prx and update the prx file size.

Or just send that shit to me i'll do it for you in less than 5 minutes.
LC-DDM

Postby LC-DDM » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:48 pm

Oh, okay, if it's alright with you...
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:00 am

The above method will not work with anteara mod.
LC-DDM

Postby LC-DDM » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:56 pm

Yeah, you had said this earlier... a sad case, unfortunately. Regardless, there should be enough information in this thread to make a tutorial out of it, maybe... But in any case, thank you for helping. I'll do what you told me in the PM soon enough. I'll also make a thread for something else regarding models... specifically, skater models.
Anteara

Postby Anteara » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:09 am

I have no idea why It doesn't work with my mod LC, I'm sorry about that. I don't have time to develop it anymore so unfortunately I can't debug it. If you want to keep using my mod, you could test your skater_sfx script with the default thug2 by dummying your prx, and working from the scripts folder. Then you could decompile my mods .pre by doing "qb_old.exe -p x AntearaMod.prx" and put replace my skater_sfx script with yours. You need to download qb_old.exe.

You can use this batch file to create your new prx.

http://pastebin.com/ewUp78St
LC-DDM

Postby LC-DDM » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:04 am

I don't know why, but it crashes after I put in the new one and whatnot... I don't even know what's wrong anymore. ._.;
ZurePitchmen83

Postby ZurePitchmen83 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:40 pm

LC-DDM wrote:I don't know why, but it crashes after I put in the new one and whatnot...

Sorry for bumping, i think you probably put the script in the game and forgot to hex edit, you can't use my script as-is, you have to hex edit the modded part into the original script then put it in
THPS4 Level Expansion Pack, THUG2 710 Mod 1.0
Modding and Model ripping since 2009
LC-DDM

Postby LC-DDM » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:50 pm

Hm... so I should just have all songs ready before hexing it all in, to prevent having to do this multiple times...
ZurePitchmen83

Postby ZurePitchmen83 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:57 pm

You can put one song in the script then put in another one if you felt like, just to clear this up, this is how you're supposed to do this (I know i posted this before. but i wanted to make a more in-depth one)

1. Edit in the song you want into the script (read one of the posts WhoElseButMe wrote on this thread if you need to know what i mean)
2. Save the decompiled txt, then compile it with ROQ compiler
3. Hex edit the song into the original script, in this case, "Goldfinger - Superman" is the song i used for this
4. Copy the hex edited "skater_sfx.qb" into THUG2\Game\Data\scripts\game\skater, Make sure it's named "skater_sfx.qb"
5. Copy the BIKs you converted into THUG2\Game\Data\streams\music
6. Generate QBkeys of the song artist, but reverse them with notepad (Type in the QBkey it gave you in a notepad document, then reverse it like i said in one of my post)
7. Rename the BIK that has the matching artist name to the reversed QBkey
8. Start up THUG2, go to a Free-Skate game, then pause, then go to sound options, and playlist, then preview the tracks you converted

Anything else, just ask
THPS4 Level Expansion Pack, THUG2 710 Mod 1.0
Modding and Model ripping since 2009
Daniel63931

Postby Daniel63931 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:33 am

hey men,dummy qb_scripts don´t work,i m dummy qb_scripts.prx,and me launch the game(THUG 2),the game crashes :cry: ,what happening? :hmm: ,i put in the game the song "Iron Man for Black Sabbath",HELP ME! :help

Return to “THUG2 modding”