Custom Music?

Discuss thug2 modding, post your own, share your ideas, ask questions.
Daniel63931

Re: Custom Music?

Postby Daniel63931 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:36 pm

Thanks i m listen Iron Man for Black Sabbath,i m Maked Jake the dog for Adventure Time in Thug2 :)
charlocharlie

Postby charlocharlie » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:02 am

I'm working on making a program that converts and renames custom music so it can replace specific songs in the game.

It's not finished yet, but I made this spreadsheet with about all of the information you could need for each original track in the game.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

The "Hex" column is the name of the file found in Data\streams\music. You can rename your custom .bik's to replace a specific song this way.

The "Path" column is the path of the song in the decompiled skater_sfx.qb. If you think a hex is wrong (which some very well may be), you can check it yourself by doing the following:
1. Put the name at the end of the path into qbkey.exe (for example, using the track "Drums of Fire" by Cut Chemist, you enter "CutChemist")
2. Reverse the output of qbkey.exe using this pattern:
1a2b3c4d -----split up pairs----> 1a 2b 3c 4d -----reverse order of pairs-----> 4d 3c 2b 1a -----put back together-----> 4d3c2b1a
You can do this in your head quite easily.
3. There. The reversed output of the filename in the path column is the hex.

I also put other random tracks I found in the Data\streams\music folder in the "Other" section.
You can replace those if you want. I don't know where the ambient stuff is used.

If you find an error, you can comment on the Google Doc and I'll try to fix it.
Demo

Postby Demo » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:03 pm

it's way easier to work with qb files rather than hex.

Return to “THUG2 modding”