Perfect Balance?

Discuss thug2 modding, post your own, share your ideas, ask questions.
zxCandyzx

Perfect Balance?

Postby zxCandyzx » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:51 pm

Looking for a perfect balance (rails, manuals, lips, nata spins)
so for all the mods I tried that claimed to have this feature didn't work for me.
I'm assuming its because I seem to be the only person with a legit CD version of THUG2 :/
maybe I'm just being stupid, but I couldn't get Eraser's trainer to work (hotkeys do nothing and I can't click the boxes manually? launcher is named as "THUG2" (exe) :hmm: )
so there goes custom balance.

someone mind shedding some light on this for me? I would appreciate it.
(Yes. I do plan on using it online. No, I'm not using it to "be better" or win Trick Attack,
I play alone in my own lobbies. not to mention THUG2 online is pretty dead anyways, sadly.)
WhoElseButMe

Re: Perfect Balance?

Postby WhoElseButMe » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:31 pm

If you're doing it for when you host (global settings) why not just modify the cheats menu.
You'll be able to use your cheats and anyone joining your room will too.
Typically those who don't want to cheat or even play with a cheater will simply just leave your host once they realize cheats are enabled.
Anything else and you're trying to be secretive and make yourself seem better, claim whatever you want.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
zxCandyzx

Postby zxCandyzx » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:48 pm

modify the cheats menu? how would I go about that?
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:30 am

zxCandyzx wrote:modify the cheats menu? how would I go about that?

From this sites main page select modding tools -> qb explorer 2.1
you need that to decompile and recompile the script
you'll need to dummy the prx
decompile gamemenu_options.qb, located in scripts\game\menu\
you're looking for a script in the above file called "create_real_cheats_menu"
That should get you started.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
Anteara

Postby Anteara » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:43 am

If you want to know what exactly you're doing and how you're manipulating the code, I'll walk you through it:

As WhoElseButMe said, decompile gamemenu_options.qb.
Press CTRL + F and type 'Perfect Rail'.

Now where it has perfect rail, is inside a menu (create_real_cheats_menu) this can be found in game by:
Pause > Host Options > Advanced Options.

Here is the code that presented itself when you used the Find function in your text editor:

Code: Select all

:i if NOT $inNetGame$
      :i if call $GetGlobalFlag$ arguments
            $flag$ = $CHEAT_UNLOCKED_13$
         :i call $make_cheats_menu_item$ arguments
            $text$ = %s(12,"Perfect Rail")$cheat_flag$ = $CHEAT_PERFECT_RAIL$$pad_choose_script$ = $toggle_cheat$$pad_choose_params$ = :s{$on_callback$ = $nullscript$$off_callback$ = $nullscript$:s}
      :i endif

First of all, you need to understand conditionals. There is a simple one here which will be easy for you to edit.
The conditional is an IF statement, they are easy to understand and I've written a tutorial about it here:
http://thps-mods.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=988

Now that you know how conditionals work, this is the vital part of the if statement:

This is basically saying, if you are playing OFFLINE, display the "Perfect Rail" cheat in the Advanced Options (named 'CHEATS' in offline).

There are two things you can do, the former is much less appealing than the latter, so I suggest you do to the latter.

a) You can change it to:

:i if $inNetGame$

Tthis will remove it from the offline menu.

or b) You can remove the if statement completely. I suggest you do this.

. . .

The ellipsis represents the perfect rail cheat. To allow it to display both online and offline, you need to remove the if statement.
REMEMBER, that when you remove an if statement, you MUST remove its ENDING as well.

Your code will now become this:

:i if call $GetGlobalFlag$ arguments
            $flag$ = $CHEAT_UNLOCKED_13$
         :i call $make_cheats_menu_item$ arguments
            $text$ = %s(12,"Perfect Rail")$cheat_flag$ = $CHEAT_PERFECT_RAIL$$pad_choose_script$ = $toggle_cheat$$pad_choose_params$ = :s{$on_callback$ = $nullscript$$off_callback$ = $nullscript$:s}

You can do this for any cheat you want.

Just remember, cheaters are hated by the community. If you do it just for fun, then it's okay, but If you learn how to cheat and then score huge combos in legit servers then it is hugely looked down upon.
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:11 am

or do it more properly and just add the main functioning of the button to the innetgame code lower in the script
if you leave the globalflag check, that button wont appear unless you have unlocked the perfect balance game flag either by meeting a certain criteria or through main menu cheats unlocking.
Anteara

Postby Anteara » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:29 am

Ah, well I didn't test it so I just figured it would work.
Eraser
Site Admin

Postby Eraser » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:59 am

If you can't check the boxes manually then the game's exe is named wrong. It's not the launcher that needs to be named thug2.exe but the game exe itself.
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:46 pm

Anteara wrote:Ah, well I didn't test it so I just figured it would work.

This goes with any flag. This case its a default game flag. But if you wrap a menu button in a globalflag and unset the flag (depending on how you code it) anyone with that menu and all the associated code to check the globalflag being set on the server wont have the menu item.
%dev_codeblue anyone?

Return to “THUG2 modding”