THPS Proto/Beta thread - THPS1 DC Beta

Post your hi-scores, videos, questions, talk about Tony Hawk games.
Forum rules
No talking about modding in this forum.
Unn

Re: The Tony Hawk's Pro Skater Beta hunt thread! THPS3 PS1 B

Postby Unn » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:15 pm

Propobly old news but i'll post em.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6bO4AvIrJQ
in e3 thug2's trailer u can notice weird lighting, old barcelona textures, no natas spin animation (it was actually much slower), old berlin textures, weird australia textures, new orlean has more buildings. also the default skater looks different, kid in da toi toi is has different look too. there are different sounds. franklin on the scooter? create a skater is weird.
AxlRocks

Postby AxlRocks » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:03 am

Hello there, just signed up but a long time fan of THPS and I've a great interest in betas of anything. Long story short, I signed up because I found a potential lead, well, 3 actually, on a beta of THPS1, which may be the version that apparently slipped onto retail discs. I did a search with both the forum's search and skimmed the thread again to make sure, but I found no mention of this version. Mainly, I know it has "Change My Pants" by the Vandals on it. From what little I'm going off of, it's also incomplete but I don't know to what degree.

I've not contacted any of the leads yet. I wanted to make sure that it's something new before trying to get anymore info. Or if we're really lucky... even a rip :plz: But I'm just hoping for info mainly.
LedIris

Postby LedIris » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:34 am

Keep up the great work!
Unn

Postby Unn » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:12 pm

I found some thaw and thps4 stuff. propbly old. i'll update the post later with thug/thug2 stuff. i wish someone had newer thps betas

board, spcial

special, old textures, old tony char, font

old bob's pants?

textures, grip

cash and goal pts seem uglier

newer beta? seems like full version's walls were higher

upd
yeah, awesome quality

car ramp in thug beta in mosc?

thug2 beta cas
Last edited by Unn on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demo

Postby Demo » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:28 pm

this was posted on thpshd facebook page a while ago. thps4 on th3 engine sounds interesting.
12345.jpg
12345.jpg (100.73 KiB) Viewed 16487 times
Unn

Postby Unn » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:31 pm

Amazing!
ZurePitchmen83

Postby ZurePitchmen83 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:06 am

This is really awesome! :D , I have some THPS4 beta screenshots from a gaming magazine, i could post them if you want, they also have the beta tony hawk model and special bar in them, Thanks for posting the THPS4/UG1/UG2/THAW Beta Screens, it's been a long time since i saw them, i also posted some THAW screens on my last post in this thread, THPS2003 seems like a relabeled international variant of THUG1/THPS4 from the way i see it, i also found the THPS4 PC Demo right here if the creator of this thread wants to put it in/if anyone wants it
THPS4 Level Expansion Pack, THUG2 710 Mod 1.0
Modding and Model ripping since 2009
Unn

Postby Unn » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:22 pm

5383.top_5F00_09-new-tony-hawk-3.jpg
5383.top_5F00_09-new-tony-hawk-3.jpg (257.35 KiB) Viewed 12427 times

_________

thps1 tony hawk in left 4 dead :D
http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=16971
LedIris

Postby LedIris » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:51 am

I got bored, so I attempted to play the THPS2PC Beta online using Hamachi with some people.

...It kinda worked:

BTW
sairuk; If you can, can you make some THPS2 E3 Demo videos showing CAS, and the removed "Competition" Multiplayer mode if it is accessible?
Demo

Postby Demo » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:54 pm

not sure what is exactly on this image, it is mistakenly used on gearboxsoftware's thps3 info page. early thps4 build screenshot probably. here you can see that buildigs in the top left corner are missing and central road just cuts off.

also an interesting reading for everyone. obviously thps3 was a mid chain link cause they actually planned most of thps4 features in 3rd chapter.
http://planettonyhawk.gamespy.com/View. ... tail&id=37
Last edited by Demo on Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZurePitchmen83

Postby ZurePitchmen83 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:17 pm

That screen looks more like a pre-release build of THPS4, it looks like a beta London Level screen, it's nowhere as early as the screens in the thread Unn posted, Here are the THPS4 Beta Screens from a Nintendo Gaming Magazine, the same GI issue that had the THAW screen also had a screenshot of THHD, but it's the same as the one in one of the posts here so i didn't bother putting it up

Beta Tony Hawk Model
THPS4-3.png
THPS4-3.png (632.12 KiB) Viewed 12426 times

Mullen with a White T-Shirt
THPS4-1.png
THPS4-1.png (779.02 KiB) Viewed 12426 times

THPS4-2.png
THPS4-2.png (731.74 KiB) Viewed 12426 times

BTW, i found the scripts for the Foo level inside THPS4 PC, but not the geometry :wat: , There's also a test ped model that looks like the THPS3 Tony Hawk Model, but it's nothing like the model in these screens
bigfoot

Postby bigfoot » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:44 pm

Wow! I´v been folowing the thread for some time, and it awesome!
I felt on my paranoia that there was suposed to be more in this game then in the final version, like in schoo in the THPS1 early beta were tou can actualy enter the tunnel on the side of the gym for exemple.
Also now I know that I wasn´t crazy about a version of the game I played once on a game house here in Brazil a long time ago, that had the warehouse and the final version huds but chaacter still glowed when special was full and there was a fell textures and color changes on the warehouse and the skaters themselfs.
I remember other levels beens present but displayed as inacessible with a black and yellow bar at top and bottom, also the school picture showed some palm trees on the place you get the bushes near the tables. the title also displayed tony hawks pro skateboarding so maybe it was a beta fot the pal version.
I´v beem triyng to find this version ever since I realised what it was, but unfortunality the game house I used to play had gone out of buissness a long time ago and I´m not shure if it will be to much stalking on finding the house of the woman the ran the place and ask her for a copy of a 1999 game :wat:
also, if you manage to get over a million points in the know beta(downhill jam is a good place to get it), the score will display the word "yauzza!" in a flashing red color, just ike the max score code will make the score counter flas red zeros on the final version.
LedIris

Postby LedIris » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:16 pm

Did the HUD in that Beta look like what it did in the final game? or did it look like something similar in these screens?
ImageImage
ZurePitchmen83

Postby ZurePitchmen83 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:21 pm

bigfoot wrote:Also now I know that I wasn´t crazy about a version of the game I played once on a game house here in Brazil a long time ago, that had the warehouse and the final version huds but chaacter still glowed when special was full and there was a fell textures and color changes on the warehouse and the skaters themselfs.

That seems pretty cool, i really wish the THPS1 later beta (The one in the list) was found already though :lick:, also in THUG2, if you graffiti tagged the billboard in the THPS1 School level, you would hear a buzzing noise and there would be a white line scrolling on the screen, and in the THUG1 Beta, Tony Hawk's clothes were configured differently (Adio logo hoody, and black sweats) i found that out by browsing the game files and the testped turns out to be the beta hawk model i'm talking about (the testped has no head so the head was seperated in the model, but it wasn't in the files though :wat: ) also, there's also a '71-'72 Cadillac Hearse in the game that wasn't playable in the final, but someone's trying to find a way to use it as a drivable vehicle, so those are a few things i found out about THUG1/2

Return to “General thps talk”