Scoring in THUG2.

Post your hi-scores, videos, questions, talk about Tony Hawk games.
Forum rules
No talking about modding in this forum.
Anteara

Scoring in THUG2.

Postby Anteara » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:51 am

Hi all, My question might seem somewhat stupid (noobish) - but anyway.

I've been having some trouble scoring big, specifically in LA. I've set myself a goal of 100 mill without using the gapline, but so far, I just can't do it. I tried to see how far I can get with the gap line, and I got 330 mill, so I'm assuming that endurance would probably be equivalent.

My problem is that around the 60 mill mark or so (when i'm not using the gapline), every single trick i use ends up dramatically reducing how much points it gives me. I understand this is normal. Eventually, every single trick i'm using will give me less than 1k points. This pretty much means that I cant get over 100 mill without using the gap line at least once.

My question is, what do you do to counter this? Or am I doing something seriously wrong that's making me end up with all my tricks giving me significantly reduced points?

If this always happens, is this the time you would start working on your multiplier? Also, at a certain time after not using a trick (in the same combo) will its points start regenerating, or will it be reduced for the whole combo?

I'm using 2 special grinds, 1 special manual, the rest are air.

Thanks.
Eraser
Site Admin

Re: Scoring in THUG2.

Postby Eraser » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:23 pm

*Don't use the same grab trick more then twice (unless you're pulling huge combos) try to learn to use many grab tricks in the same combo. However, for multiplier you can use kickflips, even if it's the same one.

*Spin in the air (540, 720, 900 anything works)
*Use special tricks, I hope you already do (fist grab and so on). You don't need to use special grind/manual/lip tricks.
*Do front/back rolls/double rolls while doing grab/flip tricks.
*Try not to grind for too long, when you hit a rail or something jump to other object.

If you can't combine all of these while you're in the air don't worry, try using two of them (e.g. use special attacks and rolls and no spins) and later more.

Return to “General thps talk”