THUG won't start

Post your hi-scores, videos, questions, talk about Tony Hawk games.
Forum rules
No talking about modding in this forum.
GridlockSC

THUG won't start

Postby GridlockSC » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:25 am

So everything works great until I actually want to play the game. Everything installed fine, I followed the work around for the THUG 2 crack, I start the mount the iso, hit play, and absolutely nothing happens. I'm sure this is just me missing something very easy but it's eluding me. Help please.
Eraser
Site Admin

Re: THUG won't start

Postby Eraser » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:47 am

you don't need to mount iso to play the game, crack already takes care of CD/DVD protection. Maybe try launching from where you installed the game.
Efreeti

Postby Efreeti » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:07 am

I have the same issue. Neither the launcher or the .exe itself works, it just won't run the game. I've barely seen it show up in the task manager, then disappear again, but most of the time I don't even catch it there. I'm running Windows 7. Tried installing it several times, tried different sources for my install files, tried compatibility modes/running as administrator, same thing keeps happening. THUG2 works, but not THUG. It just... won't...run.

EDIT: Apparently, Windows Update KB3086255 is the culprit, as it among other things affects SafeDisc circumvention. I uninstalled that specific update and rebooted and I can now play the game. That update also does potentially prevent malware and viruses from executing stuff on your computer though, so beware.
Demo

Postby Demo » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:02 pm

if it's safedisc issue you can use this, update just disables the service, but it's still there you know.

Enable secdrv service

Code: Select all

sc config secdrv start= demand
sc start secdrv

Disable secdrv service

Code: Select all

sc stop secdrv
sc config secdrv start= disabled

Return to “General thps talk”