[THPS4] THPS3 Sounds hidden in THPS4

Post your hi-scores, videos, questions, talk about Tony Hawk games.
Forum rules
No talking about modding in this forum.
phale

[THPS4] THPS3 Sounds hidden in THPS4

Postby phale » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:10 pm

I've found some interesting files in the directory "Game/data/sounds/Wav/Skateshop". These files are .wav (Wave) files, meaning that they contain sound data. They appear to be from THPS3 as I'd recognize these sounds anywhere, the problem is that most of these files don't have sounds, and only some do, so they must of been scrapped before the release and some sound files were left. The most file that stands out is probably "gangsta.wav". It is the THPS3 "menu" music, which, you can guess by its name is also called "Gangsta". Some other sound files like "video13.WAV" contain other THPS3 sounds.

They seem to be in a "Skateshop" directory, which has nothing to do with the sounds as far as I know. However, it is a very obscure level. You see, it's not actually a level in the orthodox sense, but more of a menu. Because if you try to enter the level yourself, you're sent back into the THPS4 menu, the only thing is that this is not actually the menu you might think it is. Try to enter "Free Skate" or literally anything and you'll see that the graphics will look strange.
Demo

Re: [THPS4] THPS3 Sounds hidden in THPS4

Postby Demo » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:39 pm

nothing suspicious over here. everything in sounds is for ... sounds. neversoft is known for leaving unused content in their games. like whole unfinished paris level on ps2 version of thps3. in this particular case few files are from thps3, the video13 is a sound played when you select level in th3 skateshop's tape menu. the rest are not in thps3. they probably wanted to play different sounds when you confirm your cloth selection, but they cut that off.

it's much more interesting to listen tons of unused recorded phrases in stream folder of thps3.

if you'll check sounds\Wav\Shared\Human you'll find sounds from thps2 and thps3, which are obviously not used in the game as well.

Return to “General thps talk”