Before the tutorial starts, if you don't have the original scripts in your game/data folder, download them here
First extract the .zip then Inside "qb_scripts.pr*" directory right click the scripts folder and select copy
Navigate to game/data/, rename your current scripts folder to make a backup
Right click somewhere inside game/data/ directory but not on an object and select paste
How to dummy Qb_scripts.prx
Once you have the scripts folder in place, you will now need to dummy your qb_scripts - this is very simple and easy to do;
Make note of the extension in the name of the scripts file you downloaded above, the last letter is different.
1) Go to your game/data/pre folder.
2) Locate qb_scripts.pr*, where * matches the letter of the scripts directory you downloaded above.
3) Back up the file, and move it to anywhere you want.
4) Make a new file in the game/data/pre folder, name it qb_scripts.pr* (Make sure you remove the .txt file extension so it's not qb_scripts.pr*.txt)
Now that you've dummied your qb_scripts.prx, the game will now run from the scripts folder. You will need to use THUG2.exe to launch the game.
How to fix blur bug in THUG2
If you're playing the game on windows vista or windows 7, you will notice that if you use focus, use a teleporter, or are in the mainmenu, a weird blur bug will appear, well, this is how you fix it;
First Download the command tool
Then Download qb_old.exe and place it in the same directory as roq cmd 3.exe
Copy any scripts you want to decompile into the same directory
Open roq cmd 3.exe and select the "Exe" tab and type the name of the exe you're using to do your compilation in the text box, "qb_old.exe".
Select the "Decompile" tab and the list on the left should be populated with scripts found inside the tools directory.
Open Skutils.txt, and press CTRL + F, type "blur", press enter. You will now see these functions;
- :i function $kill_blur$
- :i function call $pulse_blur$ arguments
- :i function $pulse_blur_script_down$
- :i function $pulse_blur_script_up$
Go to each of these functions, and highlight the start of the function (EX, :i function $kill_blur$). While still highlighting, scroll down until you have highlighted ":i endfunction". Then delete the function. Do this for all 4 functions. When you're done deleting the functions, save the file, and exit notepad.
7) Go back to CMD, and type qb_old.exe -c skutils.txt", This will create a file called skutils.txt.qb - Delete skutils.qb, and rename skutils.txt.qb to skutils.qb
Now you're done, you can run the game from THUG2.exe and there will be no blur bug.
If you want to play online and you can't, this is how you fix it;
How to play online with no mods
- Hex editor
- Cracked THUG2.exe
1) Open THUG2.exe in a hex editor.
2) Press CTRL + F at the same time, type "motd" and press enter.
You will see this;
Edit the contents of it so it looks like this, replace the remainder of the first web url and the whole 2nd URL with 00 bytes.
It should now look like this
Congratulations! You can now play thug2 with no mods online, and without the blur bug
Edited by moderator