THUG PC Controller Problems

Tony Hawk's Underground modding is discussed here.
Plasma

THUG PC Controller Problems

Postby Plasma » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:05 am

Controller: Ps3

Can't dropdown
Acid drop is two buttons instead of one
Getting off of a board is one button instead of two
On the d-pad up is down, down is down, right is left, left is left.

This is really annoying, shouldn't these controls be just like the ones from ps2?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D
WhoElseButMe

Re: THUG PC Controller Problems

Postby WhoElseButMe » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:36 am

The controllers are different and you're using third party drivers not to mention that l2 and r2 are an axis.
You can try using a application like xpadder to map your controller to keystrokes and see if that helps.

And drop down should be left spin + right spin (whichever those buttons are for you) while in a grind.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
Plasma

Postby Plasma » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:08 pm

A'ight, i'll try that soon. :)
Plasma

Postby Plasma » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:19 am

Ok so I bound everything to a key but they don't work.
And I can't bind start to anything.

WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:06 pm

You don't have to bind everything only the problem controls.
You then need to make sure whatever controls you do bind with xpadder are set to none on the gamepad binding tab.
Also, xpadder needs to be running while the game is running.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
Plasma

Postby Plasma » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:03 pm

Still doesn't work. Only the controls that I have bound in the gamepad section is working.

Keyboard:

Gamepad:
Last edited by Plasma on Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhoElseButMe

Postby WhoElseButMe » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:51 pm

NO. Keyboard binding tab in the launcher needs to be as it was.
In xpadder you use your controller to set the button mapping then assign it to whatever its keyboard bind is from the launcher,
In the launchers gamepad binding tab any control you setup in xpadder needs to be set to none so the game doesn't handle it AND xpadder handle it.

Also, if you're running the game as admin (which you shouldn't be but some people find that to be a valid solution to "fixing problems" which it isn't).
Any application you use that needs to interact with the game needs to be run as admin, too.
Plasma

Postby Plasma » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:17 am

At this point, I have no idea what i'm doing wrong. So i'm just gonna stick to pc controls.
Letty

Postby Letty » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:52 pm

BRO I HAVE USED XBOX AND PS4 BOTH BUT THE THING IS U CAN ENJOY GAMES ONLY WITH PC GAMING
read the anavar pdf

Return to “THUG modding”