THUG PC questions

Tony Hawk's Underground modding is discussed here.
WhoElseButMe

Re: THUG PC questions

Postby WhoElseButMe » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:49 am

I still haven't found that script and until I do I can't remember where to look in the THUG scripts.
Also, ewwww, you should make the local variable more accurate by wrapping it in <> instead of having ->

Going to be honest here and i think I end up pissing people off a bit when I can't answer their questions about geometry nodes. Simply put I just don't have any experience with using them, but I'll try and help as much as I can.

Have you tried looking to see if the ObjectExist after retrieving its name value? If it does exist do you still get the same results calling object_name_here.hide?
-> geom_cur_name = floor

Is floor a string variable or a checksum variable? If it's a string have you tried formatting the returned name, which you said is a checksum, into a string?
Unless they use the node objects name to format their own ID for it or mangle the ID then the node name should be the objects name. You could try to GetObjId.
Are you sure its not being hidden and made visible again? 30 game frames isn't a lot of time, I believe most THPS games average 30 frames a second.

Not sure if I was much help this time around I'll see what I can find out.

Edit:
I was talking with Morten briefly about this issue and got a few answers that could help you out.
First, the geometry is static so you're going to have next to no luck with manipulating it through in game scripting.
Now basically I was asking about loading multiple arrays where one of those arrays would be the levels nodearray and the other(s) would be dummy nodearrays that your mod creates. Then those "other" nodearrays would be parsed and appended to the levels nodearray. You could also keep an element index (where your nodes start) for parsing when saving, or simply add the newly created elements (when editing a level) to both the levels nodearray and you dummy array.

First you're going to need to load the nodearray before you can do anything.
He first pitched this code...

Code: Select all

:i $qb$ = %s(25,"levels\prefix\prefix.qb")
:i $NodeArrayManLoad$%GLOBAL%$qb$
:i $ParseNodeArray$ // array = prefix+"_nodearray"

Where prefix is the actual level prefix
Then it dawned on him
Morten wrote:if were talking thug1 this just got easier...
If you unload the level qb and create a new copy + new data in an array called "NodeArray"
and run ParseNodeArray, it should work

I currently don't have THUG1 installed to test any of this out so I hope this post can get you headed in the right direction.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.
WhoElseButMe

Re: THUG PC questions

Postby WhoElseButMe » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:13 am

I'd like to add, you're right, THUG doesn't have "RemoveArrayElement" or "AddArrayElement". I don't think THUG2 has them either, at least not RemoveArrayElement.
Anyways, sorry for my misleading post about them earlier.
WhoElseButMe on Nov 26, 2009 wrote:It's that lack of respect amongst their peers and ignorance towards modding etiquette that keeps us who know this stuff well from spreading it like wild fire. We do still enjoy playing the game and if you need to cheat to play a game PLAY SOMETHING ELSE YOU DON'T SUCK AT.

Return to “THUG modding”